Lazy Luddite Log

28.4.06

Mnemonics

Some memes are also mnemonics - concepts that assist in the remembering of more complex concepts. The slogan 'Which Bank?' reminds millions of Australians that the Commonwealth Bank is somehow the best bank to go to. Here is a memory exercise given to school children to hopefully help them be safer and more self-assured:

Trace your open hand on a sheet of paper. Now on each finger and thumb write the name of someone in your life who you can trust to go to for help or to discuss your problems with. Stick your traced hand with the five names on your wall.

I wonder if this may be a useful exercise for adults also.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • 'Which Bank' becomes 'Switch Bank' to me.

    And I seem to have way too many fingers. :-(

    By Anonymous Jac, At 29 April, 2006  

  • Yes... I am with the CBA but only just. They have annoyed me a few times but so far the temptation of ATMs across the entire continent is too strong. Mind you I have a separate Bendigo Bank account specifically for savings while the CBA is just for regular income and expenditure.

    As to the 'five fingers' thing... I think it is simpler for children to do. They can automatically include parents, guardians, elder siblings, teachers and pretty quickly arrive at five. In contrast for an adult it can be much more difficult. My issue is that I have plenty of candidates for the five but have difficulty deciding exactly who those five are.

    By Blogger Daniel, At 02 May, 2006  

  • found it! actually you managed to be the first 10 or so things on the goolge search :)
    Evil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 03 May, 2006  

  • Hmmm... referring to this blog as a way of contacting me is kinda silly of me (but 'Lazy Luddite Log' is such an easily remembered phrase to punch into a Google search).

    Anyway I have now added my email address into my profile ('About me') so that should fix things.

    By Blogger Daniel, At 04 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home