Lazy Luddite Log

29.3.10

Moving On?

Writing this entry is difficult for me and its content may be surprising to others. Petra and I have decided to call it a day (or whatever other euphemistic line helps me admit the truth). Some of the circumstances that have contributed to this were foreshadowed here.

What happens in a relationship is private but the existence of that same relationship is public and some explanation of change is usually expected. So I will say that, as much as we were enjoying the present, we recognized problems looming in the future.

In many ways I think moving back to Melbourne will be a worthwhile thing for me. And yet I cannot help but feel that this is a significant step backwards. While settling back in I will also be re-evaluating a number of things in my life with a focus on what truly works for me rather than what is supposed to work.

I can be contemplative. I can rationalize. But I also must recognize that a very important chapter in my life is ending. I have never lived with a partner till now... never felt as relaxed with anyone as this... and this will affect me for some time. There is always more I could say but sometimes nothing says it better than schmaltz (the specific content of that song may differ from my experience but the feeling is accurate).

Labels:

1 Comments:



  • From: splatchtrock
    Date: March 30th, 2010 01:25 am (local)
    Select: Delete Spam Screen Freeze Track This
    (Link)
    Sorry to hear about the relationship. Breaking up is hard to do, and given the lack of immediate catalyst, merely the presence of an eventual one, cannot have made things easier.

    On the bright side, and from a more selfish point of view, it will be good to have you back in Melbourne.
    (Reply) (Thread)

    From: originaluddite
    Date: March 30th, 2010 11:18 pm (local)
    Select: Edit Delete Screen Freeze Track This
    (Link)
    Thanks for the welcoming me back Mr MIV! (-8}

    Yes the circumstances are a bit confusing at times _but_ in some ways allowed us a more smooth transition than otherwise (except that I am kidding myself if I think the transitional phase emotionally is done yet).

    Yay for the wisdom of teeny-bopper hits from half a century ago.



    From: kirby1024
    Date: March 30th, 2010 01:59 pm (local)
    Select: Delete Spam Screen Freeze Track This
    Moving On?
    (Link)
    That's sad to hear. I echo the sentiment that it'll be good to have you back in Melbourne, just sucks the circumstances that bring you back.

    On a tangential note, do you remember that mix CD that you made for me after my big breakup? I still have it on my computer. I feel it only fitting that I give you back a copy at this point in your life. I'll make sure to give it to you the next time I see you! :)
    (Reply) (Thread)

    From: originaluddite
    Date: March 30th, 2010 11:29 pm (local)
    Select: Edit Delete Screen Freeze Track This
    Re: Moving On?
    (Link)
    I have forgotten that compilation but would be interested to see what I put on it at the time (and whether my thinking on such things has changed). Thanks - I wonder what party we will both be at next...
    (Reply) (Parent) (Thread)



    From: pezzae
    Date: March 30th, 2010 07:11 pm (local)
    Select: Delete Spam Screen Freeze Track This
    (Link)
    Oh, now I get that FB status. *hugs*
    I'm sorry to hear you guys are no longer together. But I will be glad to have you back in town. If you want to go out for hot chocolate/come over for tea, and talk about it/talk about other things for distraction, I'm free during the day Tues/Thurs/Fri. Give me a call. *more hugs*
    (Reply) (Thread)

    From: originaluddite
    Date: March 30th, 2010 11:44 pm (local)
    Select: Edit Delete Screen Freeze Track This
    (Link)
    I liked your comment on what all songs make you think of at present.

    I am surprised what can affect me right now - singing Laudate tonight made me melancholy simply because the last time I sang it was at CIV. So maybe I want a change of topic right now. And - frankly - I am lacking in recent Melbourne goss. (-8}

    Maybe a time next week would be good but I will message you directly.
    (Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

    Glad to have you back
    (Link)
    Hi Daniel, all I can really say is what so many others have said. It's great to have you back in Melbourne, but I'm really sad about the reason. I am glad that you and Petra are still friends, I really liked what I saw of her.

    Hugs,
    Vivienne.
    (Reply) (Thread)

    From: originaluddite
    Date: April 7th, 2010 10:49 pm (local)
    Select: Edit Delete Screen Freeze Track This
    Re: Glad to have you back
    (Link)
    Thanks.

    Your impression is accurate. Which is comforting in some ways but totally the opposite in other ways.
    (Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

    By Blogger Dan, At 09 May, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home