Lazy Luddite Log

25.6.22

Three Courses

This is another lazy reproduction of something I originally posted to Facebook, inspired by an eccentric British game show. I noticed it's been a while since I blogged about food, during lockdowns, so here's something short...

Been enjoying lots of TV shows, including Taskmaster. In one segment, contestants had to devise and serve a meal using a list of twenty six ingredients, each starting with a different letter of the Latin alphabet. In more time than it took for them to do the entire task, I only managed to prepare lists of what I feel would make a palatable three course meal, rather than the crazy things they made on-the-fly...

Vegetable Soup - water, celery, dutch carrot, mushrooms, onion, kernels of corn, stock, punctured jalapeƱo to soak in the soup and finally, a bit of xanthan gum.

Pasta Primavera with Pine Nuts - pinch of salt, fettuccine, pine nuts, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic-infused olive oil, tomato puree, Italian herbs, topped with some shredded Edam cheese.

Yoghurt Delight - plain yoghurt, honey with pinch of nutmeg, raspberries, quince jam, apple slices dipped in lemon juice, decorated with cocktail umbrella.

All served with choice of water or white wine.

Three Courses

I did all these over a week, since cooking a three course meal for just yourself is a bit much. They all were fine, although in some cases I would switch a few ingredients around in future. Seems I have a thing for green and orange in my food. It resulted in me having some ingredients that it will take ages for me to use. I guess I could always take the bag of cocktail umbrellas to a party or two next month...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home