1. Favourite skyscraper in my city: 333 Collins Street Melbourne
2. Favourite painting by an artist of my nationality: The Pioneer by Frederick McCubbin
3. Favourite zoo exhibit: The seals
4. Favourite invertebrate: Ants
5. Favourite extinct life-form: Triceratops
6. Favourite flowering plant: Bottlebrush
7. Favourite food smell: Currently the smell of sesame oil drives me nuts
8. Favourite non-food smell: Chlorine (due to swimming pool association)
9. Favourite hat: Currently my grey 'old feller' cap (a cold conditions necessity just now)
10. Favourite spectator sport: The last thing of its kind I went to was Roller Derby - it was confusing and fast-moving and fun and there was a ska band there
11. Favourite modern instrument neglected in popular music: Cannot decide between electric organ and saxophone. So many 'guitar bands' (even my favourite) would be improved by more of these.
12: Favourite TV Theme: Magnum PI
13. Favourite Black And White movie: Casablanca
14. Favourite poem: Kubla Khan by Coleridge
15. Favourite morality tale or fable: A draw between Stone Soup or The North Wind And The Sun
16. Favourite childhood toy: I now very much miss this amazing multi-level department store in which the shoppers had ball bearings in their bases that allowed them to roll along the slightly sloping levels and down holes all the way into cars in the basement level. Lukas had a similar toy but of a service station. I cannot recall the brand name and net searches give me nothing. Edit - I have since identified it!
17. Favourite childhood game: Scarecrow Tiggy (indeed it was fun as an adult too)
18. Favourite season: Spring (I am lucky to be hayfever free)
19. Favourite century: Twentieth Century AD
20. Favourite Platonic Solid: Icosahedron
You may want to check the last one on Wikipedia. I am sure many more could be added but I will rest at twenty. Others may want to reproduce this with their own responses. Or modify it and make it more suited to themselves.
Labels: Internet Observations