Lazy Luddite Log

15.5.08

Blogging Still Alive?

I have for a while been noticing that I spend less time looking at blogs and likewise that others spend less time looking at mine. In its first six months (November 2005 to April 2006) this blog got an average of between two and three comments per blog entry. Now in the last six months (November 2007 to April 2008) it has averaged less than one comment per entry.

My most recent post on parenting licences concept has broken the mould with some vigorous discussion. But I can hardly post on something controversial and outlandish every week now can I? I never aspired to be one of those bastard deliberately provocative political bloggers anyway.

What has changed? Can it be that the development of blogging, which seemed to cut into the activity of discussion groups, has itself taken a hit from the newer phenemenon of networking sites like Facebook? Or have my friends just got more busy lives? What other factors may there be? Comments from fellow bloggers welcome.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • The number of my comments can probably be correlated to the number of my own weblog posts. Parenting has taken a big hit on my time and mind, so I am less likely to write. I keep meaning to. I nearly did comment on your parenting license post. But I just couldn't order my thoughts sufficiently to say anything worthwhile.

    By Blogger David Golding, At 15 May, 2008  

  • I post regularly (moreso you than you do now) and yet I have had a definite reduction in respondents. Possibly your content is more interesting (mind you I cannot fathom how beer is that interesting).

    The parent licence issue is a tricky one to know what to say and how to say it. It definitely provoked a response.

    By Blogger Dan, At 21 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home